Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Bulk Reef Supply
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06/18/2017, 01:08 PM   #1
ca1ore
Grizzled & Cynical

Irritating Sales

Maybe just me, but would it be asking too much to be more transparent about where 'site-wide' sales apply and where not. Saw 10% off for Father's Day, only none of the items I tried to buy qualified. Can BRS kindly indicate more clearly which items are MAP and which are not - so I don't waste my time.

Got back into the hobby ..... planned to keep it simple ..... yeah, right ..... clearly I need a new plan! Pet peeve: anemones host clowns; clowns do not host anemones!

Current Tank Info: 450 Reef; 120 refugium; 60 Frag Tank, 30 Introduction tank; multiple QTs
ca1ore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2017, 01:26 PM   #2
bif24701
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca1ore View Post
Maybe just me, but would it be asking too much to be more transparent about where 'site-wide' sales apply and where not. Saw 10% off for Father's Day, only none of the items I tried to buy qualified. Can BRS kindly indicate more clearly which items are MAP and which are not - so I don't waste my time.

Not sure what you are seeing but every item has a big sticker on the thumbnail that indicating the sale. Some manufacturers do not allow sale like Echotech, they are excluded. It's up on the BRS prices/sales page.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/custom...ing-promotions

BRS is not unique in this regard, they must follow their policies or they will not be able to carry those products anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kessil AP700/ MP60+6105
Kalk+2 part/ Cheato Fuge

Current Tank Info: 180 SPS Dominant
bif24701 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2017, 01:31 PM   #3
ca1ore
Grizzled & Cynical

I have no problem with the policy, just wish they would indicate more clearly for those of us with old eyes.

Got back into the hobby ..... planned to keep it simple ..... yeah, right ..... clearly I need a new plan! Pet peeve: anemones host clowns; clowns do not host anemones!

Current Tank Info: 450 Reef; 120 refugium; 60 Frag Tank, 30 Introduction tank; multiple QTs
Old 06/18/2017, 04:23 PM   #4
scuzy
Registered Member

On their email it said excluding map priced items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

scuzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06/19/2017, 02:43 PM   #5
FullBoreReefer
Registered Member

I wish MAP would go out the window HAHA

Old 06/20/2017, 05:50 PM   #6
Randy_BRS
Registered Member

Hey guys!

Thanks for bringing this up! I'm sure we can do something to make MAP manufacturers more apparent, so I'll be sure to bring it up to the team.

As was already linked earlier in this thread, we do have a list to all of our MAP vendors available directly on our site! Hopefully this helps in the meantime.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/custom...ing-promotions

Thanks!

-Randy

Randy_BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/23/2017, 07:49 AM   #7
ca1ore
Grizzled & Cynical

It's actually OK. Just like you shouldn't go food shopping when hungry, don't post when cranky. It's just hard for me, with old eyes, to navigate websites on my phone. It would certainly help me if there was a more obvious indicator of items that do not qualify (there is clear indication of those that do) on the item.