Reef Central Online Community
Marine Depot

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > SPS Keepers
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
Thread Tools
Old 06/18/2017, 01:14 PM   #26
mhucasey
Acros & wieners, oh my!
 
mhucasey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Oceanside, California
Posts: 3,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloformAustria View Post
thanks Matt!
the idea with HDPE sheets is great, have to check out where i can buy something like that here. thanks


this section is for zeolite filters and my Chaeto reactor and for my vectra.
the only reason it sticks out past the display is because i have the room for it and the more liters the better and the return line can go straight to the top.
so no mangroves here ^^

Cheers
I know you're in a different continent and all, but start with Amazon and e-bay. The sheets were not expensive. Also, consider hanging your side panels using Z-brackets- it's so nice to be able to just pull off the side panel all at once and have full access. Check out the details in my thread.


__________________
- Matt
I call the big one "Bitey" - Homer Simpson

See my tank thread here: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2468548

Current Tank Info: 96 and 120 Gallon Rimless Starphire tanks back to back. Reef Octopus Diablo EXT-200 skimmer, Chaeto Reactor, Lighting: ATI Sunpower 8X39W, 2 6X39W Sunpowers
mhucasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2017, 06:48 PM   #27
SirReefOLot
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1
Go Flo go! Excited for you. SUBSCRIBED

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk


SirReefOLot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/19/2017, 04:18 AM   #28
janci
Registered Member
 
janci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: UAE - Dubai
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloformAustria View Post
so guys just planned my sump area completely new:

i think this is going to be a super clean setup and thats worth all the brain power I've got
but with that the electrical stuff is separated from the watery stuff
what you guys think?
Cheers
That is best way to do it... could not have done it better myself...


Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170516_180251.jpg (64.7 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg 20170501_221133.jpg (50.4 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg 20170501_221151.jpg (48.0 KB, 92 views)

Last edited by janci; 06/19/2017 at 04:29 AM.
janci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/19/2017, 01:02 PM   #29
FloformAustria
Registered Member
 
FloformAustria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vienna, AUT
Posts: 1,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhucasey View Post
I know you're in a different continent and all, but start with Amazon and e-bay. The sheets were not expensive. Also, consider hanging your side panels using Z-brackets- it's so nice to be able to just pull off the side panel all at once and have full access. Check out the details in my thread.
okay will check that, thanks Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirReefOLot View Post
Go Flo go! Excited for you. SUBSCRIBED
thanks mate


Quote:
Originally Posted by janci View Post
That is best way to do it... could not have done it better myself...
haha Janci mate delete those pictures looks like i copied your setup
nice done!!

Cheers


__________________
Flo from Austria

^Austrian Reef Club^

"Founding Member of CCC - The cool couch club of SPS keeping" - Biggles

Current Tank Info: The Austrian Dropoff Tank
FloformAustria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/19/2017, 04:15 PM   #30
cFloor
Registered Member
 
cFloor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,462
Your drop off tank will be missed but this new build looks like it's going to be amazing, I'm excited to follow along!


__________________
250g. SPS tank, 45g Frag tank, 190g Monti Tank, 55g LPS tank

Instagram: @cfloorsaltwater
cFloor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2017, 04:21 AM   #31
janci
Registered Member
 
janci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: UAE - Dubai
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloformAustria View Post
haha Janci mate delete those pictures looks like i copied your setup
nice done!!

Cheers
They only let me edit the post for half an hour...
I love the set up and will like to see your cabinet options as I am still strungling with that.


janci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2017, 06:40 AM   #32
markalot
...
 
markalot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Florence, KY
Posts: 3,627
Blog Entries: 3
Good luck with the new build!


__________________
-- Mark
150G (72x18x27) | 35G sump | SRO-XP2000INT Skimmer | ATI SunPower T5 / NanoBox LED hybrid 60" x 4 + 8 NanoBox v3.1 arrays
markalot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2017, 06:53 AM   #33
FloformAustria
Registered Member
 
FloformAustria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vienna, AUT
Posts: 1,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by cFloor View Post
Your drop off tank will be missed but this new build looks like it's going to be amazing, I'm excited to follow along!
Thanks! I hope it's going to be as great as I imagine it right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by janci View Post
They only let me edit the post for half an hour...

I love the set up and will like to see your cabinet options as I am still strungling with that.
Haha that's no problem, I was kidding anyway
Yes cabinet is 90% finish in my head. Will be similar to the one from the drop off but with some extra ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by markalot View Post
Good luck with the new build!
Thanks mark!!!


__________________
Flo from Austria

^Austrian Reef Club^

"Founding Member of CCC - The cool couch club of SPS keeping" - Biggles

Current Tank Info: The Austrian Dropoff Tank
FloformAustria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2017, 11:05 AM   #34
reefmutt
Registered Member
 
reefmutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Mtl. Canada
Posts: 7,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloformAustria View Post
thanks Matt!
the idea with HDPE sheets is great, have to check out where i can buy something like that here. thanks


this section is for zeolite filters and my Chaeto reactor and for my vectra.
the only reason it sticks out past the display is because i have the room for it and the more liters the better and the return line can go straight to the top.
so no mangroves here ^^

Cheers
Got it.. well I am ALL FOR using every available inch of space for extra water. It's one of the reasons my wife hates my tanks so much..
Oh well.
By the way, beautiful portraits. I am now one of your legion of followers.


__________________
Matt.

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 4x AI prime 6xt5 3x150w mh. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
reefmutt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2017, 11:42 AM   #35
FloformAustria
Registered Member
 
FloformAustria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vienna, AUT
Posts: 1,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmutt View Post
Got it.. well I am ALL FOR using every available inch of space for extra water. It's one of the reasons my wife hates my tanks so much..

Oh well.

By the way, beautiful portraits. I am now one of your legion of followers.


Haha my wife hates me too for the new tank, but I told her it is not that big (actually bigger) as the old tank xD

Followers? What do you mean?

Cheers


__________________
Flo from Austria

^Austrian Reef Club^

"Founding Member of CCC - The cool couch club of SPS keeping" - Biggles

Current Tank Info: The Austrian Dropoff Tank
FloformAustria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2017, 12:55 PM   #36
reefmutt
Registered Member
 
reefmutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Mtl. Canada
Posts: 7,074
Um.. I thought I found you on instagram.. apparently not!
How many Florian photographers are there??
Well, at least two, I guess.


__________________
Matt.

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 4x AI prime 6xt5 3x150w mh. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
reefmutt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2017, 01:47 PM   #37
FloformAustria
Registered Member
 
FloformAustria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vienna, AUT
Posts: 1,241
Flo´s Comeback

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmutt View Post
Um.. I thought I found you on instagram.. apparently not!
How many Florian photographers are there??
Well, at least two, I guess.


Haha no Problem

Search for flobiwankenobi ;-)


__________________
Flo from Austria

^Austrian Reef Club^

"Founding Member of CCC - The cool couch club of SPS keeping" - Biggles

Current Tank Info: The Austrian Dropoff Tank

Last edited by FloformAustria; 06/20/2017 at 02:15 PM.
FloformAustria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/24/2017, 08:32 AM   #38
FloformAustria
Registered Member
 
FloformAustria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vienna, AUT
Posts: 1,241
Here we go some minor progress

Glass is ordered and I am planning some of the filtration equipment

Stand got some upgrade parts for the new designed sump and the ro/di water compartment

Still need some wood for the technic area




Cheers


__________________
Flo from Austria

^Austrian Reef Club^

"Founding Member of CCC - The cool couch club of SPS keeping" - Biggles

Current Tank Info: The Austrian Dropoff Tank
FloformAustria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/24/2017, 10:50 AM   #39
Alfrareef
Registered Member
 
Alfrareef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Portugal
Posts: 284
Flo´s Comeback

Hi Flo,

Looking at your plans and since you ask for feedback, here it goes...
It seems that you'll be facing challenges when trying to fill the dosing and RODI compartments. Also 10 liters for dosing I think it's excessive. You could do with 5 liters pretty well and gain space on top.
As per he sump I would go with a U shape (Hugo style) since you'll use better the space and also gain a low flow area good to place matrix/siporax or similar stuff.
The electrical stuff separated its a very good move.

Just my opinion...



Last edited by Alfrareef; 06/24/2017 at 10:57 AM.
Alfrareef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06/24/2017, 11:41 AM   #40
bibarassa
Registered Member
 
bibarassa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: venice - Italy
Posts: 248
Hi Dennis, in which way do you lodge canisters for balling above RODI reservoir?


bibarassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/24/2017, 12:13 PM   #41
berlin-riff
Berlin SPS-Junky
 
berlin-riff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Berlin
Posts: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibarassa View Post
Hi Dennis, in which way do you lodge canisters for balling above RODI reservoir?
I think you mean Flo

Looks good Flo! i hope you have enough space when u put all the stuff in it.
do you have 45x45 "Bosch" profil?


__________________
Greetings from Berlin
Dennis
berlin-riff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06/24/2017, 12:29 PM   #42
bibarassa
Registered Member
 
bibarassa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: venice - Italy
Posts: 248
Yes I'm sorry


bibarassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/24/2017, 12:42 PM   #43
berlin-riff
Berlin SPS-Junky
 
berlin-riff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Berlin
Posts: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibarassa View Post
Yes I'm sorry
no problem


__________________
Greetings from Berlin
Dennis
berlin-riff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06/25/2017, 12:26 AM   #44
FloformAustria
Registered Member
 
FloformAustria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vienna, AUT
Posts: 1,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfrareef View Post
Hi Flo,
Looking at your plans and since you ask for feedback, here it goes...
It seems that you'll be facing challenges when trying to fill the dosing and RODI compartments. Also 10 liters for dosing I think it's excessive. You could do with 5 liters pretty well and gain space on top.
As per he sump I would go with a U shape (Hugo style) since you'll use better the space and also gain a low flow area good to place matrix/siporax or similar stuff.
The electrical stuff separated its a very good move.
Just my opinion...
hey mate!
thanks for the input, really appreciate it!
filling the RODI compartment won´t be a problem, i´m going to cut a big hole in the plate above it and so i can fill it easily (i hope)
yes 10l are a lot but i am not sure about that, maybe 5 liters will do too but i checked some out online and they would fit
as for the sump layout i think it´s too late it´s already ordered but if it doesn't work the way i like i can still change it by myself
cheers and thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibarassa View Post
Hi Dennis, in which way do you lodge canisters for balling above RODI reservoir?

there is going to be a plate above it on which i will place the canisters

Quote:
Originally Posted by berlin-riff View Post
I think you mean Flo
Looks good Flo! i hope you have enough space when u put all the stuff in it.
do you have 45x45 "Bosch" profil?
thanks for the clarification
it´s going to be a bit tide but i think its going to work
yes those are 45*45 "bosch" profiles!

Cheers


__________________
Flo from Austria

^Austrian Reef Club^

"Founding Member of CCC - The cool couch club of SPS keeping" - Biggles

Current Tank Info: The Austrian Dropoff Tank
FloformAustria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/30/2017, 09:35 AM   #45
FloformAustria
Registered Member
 
FloformAustria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vienna, AUT
Posts: 1,241
New pics from today:





Tank is still on the floor so I can finish most of the wire work
Like the way how it all fits so far!

Cheers


__________________
Flo from Austria

^Austrian Reef Club^

"Founding Member of CCC - The cool couch club of SPS keeping" - Biggles

Current Tank Info: The Austrian Dropoff Tank
FloformAustria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/30/2017, 09:48 AM   #46
janci
Registered Member
 
janci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: UAE - Dubai
Posts: 125
Looks great.
That is the skimmer, zeovit, algae reactor and return pump?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk


janci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/30/2017, 12:26 PM   #47
reefmutt
Registered Member
 
reefmutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Mtl. Canada
Posts: 7,074
Nice Flo!
Hurry up!


__________________
Matt.

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 4x AI prime 6xt5 3x150w mh. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
reefmutt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06/30/2017, 02:47 PM   #48
FloformAustria
Registered Member
 
FloformAustria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vienna, AUT
Posts: 1,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by janci View Post
Looks great.
That is the skimmer, zeovit, algae reactor and return pump?
thanks!
yes and in the back there is another media reactor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmutt View Post
Nice Flo!
Hurry up!
thanks Matt but good things need time

Cheers


__________________
Flo from Austria

^Austrian Reef Club^

"Founding Member of CCC - The cool couch club of SPS keeping" - Biggles

Current Tank Info: The Austrian Dropoff Tank
FloformAustria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/30/2017, 04:39 PM   #49
berlin-riff
Berlin SPS-Junky
 
berlin-riff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Berlin
Posts: 214
Very nice.... tank arrived
(hast nen besseren Aquabauer als ist -.-) meiner meldet sich überhaupt nicht..

tell me something about the tank... 15mm or 12mm optiwhite?
keep up the good work


__________________
Greetings from Berlin
Dennis
berlin-riff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07/01/2017, 01:45 AM   #50
FloformAustria
Registered Member
 
FloformAustria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vienna, AUT
Posts: 1,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by berlin-riff View Post
Very nice.... tank arrived
(hast nen besseren Aquabauer als ist -.-) meiner meldet sich überhaupt nicht..

tell me something about the tank... 15mm or 12mm optiwhite?
keep up the good work
haha didn´t expect it to come that soon but now i can take all the time i need to get everything ready!!

two sides opti white with 12mm thickness!

but i haven't unwrapped it completely

Cheers


__________________
Flo from Austria

^Austrian Reef Club^

"Founding Member of CCC - The cool couch club of SPS keeping" - Biggles

Current Tank Info: The Austrian Dropoff Tank
FloformAustria is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
double drop-off, german-australia

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:48 AM.


TapaTalk Enabled

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2017 Axivo Inc.
Use of this web site is subject to the terms and conditions described in the user agreement.
Reef CentralTM Reef Central, LLC. Copyright ©1999-2014