Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Only & Aggressive Tanks
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
Thread Tools
Old 01/07/2018, 12:36 PM   #5776
Achilles Torben
Registered Member
 
Achilles Torben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by humaguy View Post
hey bud,

thanks, great to see you.
hope all is well... you have any new additions?

best,

ted
Hey Ted,

Tank is full of coral now.

Nothing special. A second tiny gemmatum arrived around 4cm and a tiny polyzona also arrived around 4cm. Never saw such tiny polyzona. Waiting for a second tiny rostratum in this moment for pair up with my just medium one. Also waiting for 2 small collini. In Europe your are able to order at wholesale twice a year

A wholesaler out of my area told me that he can get new breeds personatus and arcuatus from Karen in spring. Hope that is true and they will be payable for me

Tears running down my eyes when I see your baby's conspicillatus. In germany I am just able to become 15cm the smallest. But the price is just a quarter of your baby's. I do not know if I am able to pair two of the medium ones or I am waiting for next breed of conspicillatus and less prices.

Greetings Torben

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk



Last edited by Achilles Torben; 01/07/2018 at 12:42 PM.
Achilles Torben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/2018, 01:11 PM   #5777
SDguy
Fish heads unite!
 
SDguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: San Diego
Posts: 23,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiImSean View Post
Finally got some pics. Again, they claim they're pure emperor angels. After looking a little more, they look to me like P. maculosus.
Def not a pure Mac!


__________________
Peter

SDMAS member

Marine tanks since 1989.

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Current Tank Info: 150g reborn anemone reef. 240g butterfly and angel FOWLR. 15g QT.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/2018, 01:53 PM   #5778
humaguy
Premium Member
 
humaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Western Ct, NYC
Posts: 7,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by humaguy View Post










Peter,

I agree with you.
How about semi/chrys X mac? or another variation? one parent was a hybrid?


humaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/2018, 01:56 PM   #5779
humaguy
Premium Member
 
humaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Western Ct, NYC
Posts: 7,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles Torben View Post
Hey Ted,

Tank is full of coral now.

Nothing special. A second tiny gemmatum arrived around 4cm and a tiny polyzona also arrived around 4cm. Never saw such tiny polyzona. Waiting for a second tiny rostratum in this moment for pair up with my just medium one. Also waiting for 2 small collini. In Europe your are able to order at wholesale twice a year

A wholesaler out of my area told me that he can get new breeds personatus and arcuatus from Karen in spring. Hope that is true and they will be payable for me

Tears running down my eyes when I see your baby's conspicillatus. In germany I am just able to become 15cm the smallest. But the price is just a quarter of your baby's. I do not know if I am able to pair two of the medium ones or I am waiting for next breed of conspicillatus and less prices.

Greetings Torben

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk
4 cm is always a great size! Post some pics.
Have your tried reaching out to Karen directly for Gp? Not sure if she ships but it might be worth a try. Also, great to hear about more HGp coming, going to be hearing more on that in the future.

The conspics are wonderful, so great fish and growing quickly. You should reach out to Matt, if you are interested. Again, I am not sure where he ships to.

Great to hear from you and I look forward to pics!

Ted


humaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/2018, 01:59 PM   #5780
humaguy
Premium Member
 
humaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Western Ct, NYC
Posts: 7,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Def not a pure Mac!
btw, her baby pics confuse me too. This was a few years ago.

when younger, her tail was characteristic of a chrysurus





Last edited by humaguy; 01/07/2018 at 02:04 PM.
humaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/2018, 02:17 PM   #5781
SDguy
Fish heads unite!
 
SDguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: San Diego
Posts: 23,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by humaguy View Post
btw, her baby pics confuse me too. This was a few years ago.

when younger, her tail was characteristic of a chrysurus

Apologies, I was referring to HiImSean's pics.

I think we agreed, Ted, yours is Koran x Chrysurus, no?


__________________
Peter

SDMAS member

Marine tanks since 1989.

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Current Tank Info: 150g reborn anemone reef. 240g butterfly and angel FOWLR. 15g QT.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/08/2018, 08:02 AM   #5782
McPuff
Registered Member
 
McPuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,222
Ted, what is the growth rate (approx) for those conspics? I'm amazed at the growth of my P. annularis so far. It arrived to my house as 1 3/8" juvenile the day before Thanksgiving. I'd estimate it has grown 1" already. It eats constantly and is mega fat. Also very personable. I'm so glad to have angel(s) back in my system. :0)

p.s. I understand there may be differences between Pomacanthus and Chaetodontoplus spp. but curious nonetheless.


McPuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/08/2018, 07:40 PM   #5783
humaguy
Premium Member
 
humaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Western Ct, NYC
Posts: 7,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by McPuff View Post
Ted, what is the growth rate (approx) for those conspics? I'm amazed at the growth of my P. annularis so far. It arrived to my house as 1 3/8" juvenile the day before Thanksgiving. I'd estimate it has grown 1" already. It eats constantly and is mega fat. Also very personable. I'm so glad to have angel(s) back in my system. :0)

p.s. I understand there may be differences between Pomacanthus and Chaetodontoplus spp. but curious nonetheless.
Those P grow insanely fast! Lol, the Ch. at this size are growing quick too, but not like the P. The P should be fed a lot of smaller meals every day, as opposed to 1 or 2 bigger meals.


Good luck, toss up some pics

tk


humaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/08/2018, 07:44 PM   #5784
humaguy
Premium Member
 
humaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Western Ct, NYC
Posts: 7,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Apologies, I was referring to HiImSean's pics.

I think we agreed, Ted, yours is Koran x Chrysurus, no?
I am not sure of anything about that fish, lol.


humaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/2018, 07:28 AM   #5785
McPuff
Registered Member
 
McPuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by humaguy View Post
Those P grow insanely fast! Lol, the Ch. at this size are growing quick too, but not like the P. The P should be fed a lot of smaller meals every day, as opposed to 1 or 2 bigger meals.


Good luck, toss up some pics

tk
I agree on the feedings. I have been feeding mine about 3-4 times per day along with leaving some nori in the tank most of the time. Will certainly put up some pics again soon.


McPuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/2018, 02:21 PM   #5786
humaguy
Premium Member
 
humaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Western Ct, NYC
Posts: 7,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by McPuff View Post
I agree on the feedings. I have been feeding mine about 3-4 times per day along with leaving some nori in the tank most of the time. Will certainly put up some pics again soon.
toss em up Puff! lots of insane cb stuff happening...coming soon


humaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/10/2018, 07:29 AM   #5787
McPuff
Registered Member
 
McPuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by humaguy View Post
toss em up Puff! lots of insane cb stuff happening...coming soon
I'll snap a few tonight. Cheers.


McPuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/10/2018, 08:01 PM   #5788
humaguy
Premium Member
 
humaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Western Ct, NYC
Posts: 7,998
from a few days ago.
casper, dash, x trig, baby conspics, baby conspic hybrid




humaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/11/2018, 09:40 AM   #5789
McPuff
Registered Member
 
McPuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,222
Here are a few pics (not great) of the cb annularis. The pvc is 3" for size reference. In person, I can see that the base color of the fish is starting to turn a bit orange which leads me to believe that it will start to transition into adult coloration fairly soon. This is a bit shocking to me! But I did have a juvenile blueface in the past that began transitioning around 3" as well.

angel1sm.jpg

angel2sm.jpg

angel3sm.jpg


McPuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/11/2018, 05:51 PM   #5790
humaguy
Premium Member
 
humaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Western Ct, NYC
Posts: 7,998


Let's hope these are found soon. I keep bothering B


humaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/11/2018, 10:18 PM   #5791
locito277
Registered Member
 
locito277's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: miami
Posts: 1,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by humaguy View Post




Let's hope these are found soon. I keep bothering B


Goldflake hybrid?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


__________________
Nothings Free in this hobby

Current Tank Info: 224 and 720 gallon in progress!
locito277 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/2018, 02:04 AM   #5792
Achilles Torben
Registered Member
 
Achilles Torben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 471
Apolemichthys kingi hybrid?

Greetings Torben

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk


Achilles Torben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/2018, 02:08 AM   #5793
Achilles Torben
Registered Member
 
Achilles Torben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 471
Apolemichthys kingi x trimaculatus



Greetings Torben

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk


Achilles Torben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/2018, 08:53 AM   #5794
McPuff
Registered Member
 
McPuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,222
Where did that fish come from? Very unique!


McPuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/2018, 12:42 PM   #5795
humaguy
Premium Member
 
humaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Western Ct, NYC
Posts: 7,998
7 years ago.
The tiger angelfish is so rare that it is hardly ever seen even in South Africa, so earlier this year we were tickled to be able to share with you a video of tiger angelfish acclimated and doing well in captivity. Now we’re kicking it up a notch with this amazing specimen of a hybrid between the tiger angelfish, Apolemichthys kingi, and the flagfin angelfish, Apolemichthys trimaculatus.

This incredibly rare hybrid tiger angelfish was collected near Durban South Africa and it is destined to go live in a South African aquarium, as it rightly should since it is so rare it would border on a national treasure.
------------------

Cool fish!

with the numbers Barnett is finding, with trimac already in the area, and with the above record of it occuring, lol, me thinks it's only a matter of time, I hope, I really, really hope. Even if more are found in SA, we will never get them, so this our only hope, obi wan


humaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/2018, 12:45 PM   #5796
humaguy
Premium Member
 
humaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Western Ct, NYC
Posts: 7,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles Torben View Post
Apolemichthys kingi x trimaculatus



Greetings Torben

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk



humaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/2018, 05:53 PM   #5797
locito277
Registered Member
 
locito277's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: miami
Posts: 1,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by humaguy View Post
7 years ago.

The tiger angelfish is so rare that it is hardly ever seen even in South Africa, so earlier this year we were tickled to be able to share with you a video of tiger angelfish acclimated and doing well in captivity. Now we’re kicking it up a notch with this amazing specimen of a hybrid between the tiger angelfish, Apolemichthys kingi, and the flagfin angelfish, Apolemichthys trimaculatus.



This incredibly rare hybrid tiger angelfish was collected near Durban South Africa and it is destined to go live in a South African aquarium, as it rightly should since it is so rare it would border on a national treasure.

------------------



Cool fish!



with the numbers Barnett is finding, with trimac already in the area, and with the above record of it occuring, lol, me thinks it's only a matter of time, I hope, I really, really hope. Even if more are found in SA, we will never get them, so this our only hope, obi wan


Awesome looking fish! That was my 7th guess though :-)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


__________________
Nothings Free in this hobby

Current Tank Info: 224 and 720 gallon in progress!
locito277 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:55 AM   #5798
humaguy
Premium Member
 
humaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Western Ct, NYC
Posts: 7,998
gnarly




humaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:55 AM   #5799
E.intheC
Minimalist
 
E.intheC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 5,355
Where do you find this stuff?


__________________
-Eric

36 Gallon Elos Midi
E.intheC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:27 AM   #5800
Dmorty217
Saltwater Addict
 
Dmorty217's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vandalia OHIO
Posts: 10,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by humaguy View Post
gnarly

Looks like a overfeeding problem to get that many, especially in a overflow


__________________
Fish are not disposable commodities, but a worthwhile investment that can be maintained and enjoyed for many years, providing one is willing to take the time to understand their requirements and needs

Current Tank Info: 625g, 200g sump, RD3 230w, Vectra L1 on a closed loop, 2 MP60s, MP40, and a Tunze 6305. Several QTs
Dmorty217 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ben & Em's First Tank Build - 36 Bow - Feedback Is Appreciated Ben_n_Em Reef Discussion 18 07/19/2012 06:22 PM
New 75G build : stocking and other suggestions? shereth New to the Hobby 3 10/23/2009 09:37 AM
36-36-24 tall AquaJern Reef Discussion 7 07/13/2007 04:39 AM
96*36*36 pics? jdfenn81 Large Reef Tanks 1 01/17/2007 01:06 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:24 PM.


TapaTalk Enabled

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2018 Axivo Inc.
Use of this web site is subject to the terms and conditions described in the user agreement.
Reef CentralTM Reef Central, LLC. Copyright ©1999-2014