Reef Central Online Community
Blue Zoo Aquatics

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Tank Journals & Builds
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12/17/2017, 07:58 AM   #326
tenurepro
Registered Member

Here is the official 18 month update! Canít believe we are at a year and a half already. Do check out the color and growth on the myagi Tort... sweet!
https://youtu.be/nx3VX4BfTto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tenurepro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/24/2017, 10:09 AM   #327
mystikal
Registered Member

Everything looks great!
Did your powerhead push some of the sand away from the front?

Old 12/25/2017, 09:22 AM   #328
tenurepro
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystikal View Post
Everything looks great!
Did your powerhead push some of the sand away from the front?

Thanks Man. Nope I removed most of the sand... only a bit in the back for the wrasses to sleep in!

Old 12/25/2017, 09:22 AM   #329
tenurepro
Registered Member

Happy holidays all!
Tank is ticking along. I added a royal gramma to the display yesterday after a month of qt. Now i have a total of 10 fish (2 clowns, 3 chromis, 2 wrasses, 1 tang, 1 yellow watchmen goby, 1 Royal gramma)

Also another milestone. One of my chromis now sleeps in the Acropora tort colony... very happy to see this as itís something that chromis do in nature...

Here is a little video showing this
https://youtu.be/ojE5jLQrQLQ

Cheers and wishing you all the best for 2018!

Old 01/02/2018, 10:27 PM   #330
tenurepro
Registered Member

Hope you all had a good break!

Things are going well here... one upcoming change; while I am happy with my lights (3 x radion xr15 gen 3) and sps colors and growth (as of late), I couldnít resist the temptation to order the new diffusers that ecotech just released a few weeks ago. The BRS tv review suggests that they do a good job of spreading out the light and par. This comes at a cost of reducing overall par by 20% but i am not running my lights anywhere near max intensity.

The diffusers are due here in about a week, so will run some par and coverage tests once I get them. I took some par reading around the tank today. I have the 120 wide angle lenses and I am running the lights at 70% max on sps ab+ program. The plan is to swap the 120 deg lenses with the standard 80 deg lenses and then add the diffusers and measure par at 70% max intensity. This - in theory - should get me close to the par levels I have now but with more even coverage...
Iíll post with more details when I get the gear.

Mean while, some pics from today! Best wishes for 2018!

Old 01/09/2018, 08:34 PM   #331
tenurepro
Registered Member

Ok... wow
Radion xr15 with 80 deg lens + diffuser seriously outperform 120 deg wide angle lenses!

[MEDIA=youtube]oRqzWpJlqA4[/MEDIA]

Old 01/10/2018, 07:51 PM   #332
ReefKeeper64
Pax-Bellum ARID Club

You have great polyp extension in several of those SPS pictures you posted. Do you get that great extension all day long most days?

Several of my own SPS don't extend much during the day. I usually see the most extension soon after the lights go out at night. I'll turn the lights back on and get great pictures at that time.

Wondering if what I do is common. Any thoughts?

Old 01/12/2018, 02:00 PM   #333
tenurepro
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefKeeper64 View Post
You have great polyp extension in several of those SPS pictures you posted. Do you get that great extension all day long most days?

Several of my own SPS don't extend much during the day. I usually see the most extension soon after the lights go out at night. I'll turn the lights back on and get great pictures at that time.

Wondering if what I do is common. Any thoughts?

Sorry for the late replay; for some reason, Tapatalk doesnít notify me of updates on this forum!
But yes I get that extension during daylights. On some sps, I get less PE at night. I used to get much better PE out of some sps (like the milli) when I used to spot feed them with reefeoids

Old 01/14/2018, 06:56 PM   #334
tenurepro
Registered Member

Here are my thoughts on the iPhone X for reef photo and video + a comparison w/ iPhone 6

The camera is pretty sweet; the optical zoom is solid permitting some nice closeups of your corals. White balance is really good (assuming light is around 12k or less). Pictures and videos are sharp. Here is a link to a video review along with a few sample shots (taken with radions set to 12k, phone set to auto and no post processing).

I am pleased!

[MEDIA=youtube]MVvyTKrDEmw[/MEDIA]

Pink mystic montipora with blueberry wine acro. Not acro growing over monti

RR pink Cadillac

Cali Tort

RR orange passion

Habanero

ORA blue voodoo

Electric myagi Tort