Reef Central Online Community
Tunze USA

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 02/16/2018, 04:20 PM   #26
nycman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott07 View Post
No alarm when the temp is below the range, but i do believe you get one when above. The alarm also buzzes when you disconnect the temp probe, and it is rather loud and annoying.
many thanks

Aqua UV 56W
nycman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02/19/2018, 11:28 PM   #27
rocklobster1
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgyvr View Post
https://www.amazon.com/Inkbird-Progr...rd%2Bblue&th=1
http://www.ink-bird.com/products-tem...r-itc306t.html
ITC-306T version.. $30 shipped to your door
Has over temp buzzer and works great..
URR now I have to return 3 of these... Over temp buzzer is not an alarm that you can set.. It is a buzzer if the temperature goes over 210 degrees. Thanks for that but my tank will be long dead at even 200 degrees...

rocklobster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/19/2018, 11:30 PM   #28
rocklobster1
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott07 View Post
No alarm when the temp is below the range, but i do believe you get one when above. The alarm also buzzes when you disconnect the temp probe, and it is rather loud and annoying.
The 306T is perfect. It will sound an alarm if the temp drops below negative 58 degrees or above 210 only no other alarms.

Old 02/20/2018, 12:46 AM   #29
Valentini89
Registered Member

The probe on my inkbird is rusting a bit- so, I dunno... But just today my temp was off and the alarm was sounding. I'm going to check the temp with a digital thermometer later on.. I've had my inkbird a lil over a year.

Current Tank Info: 26g bowfront tank, -- 150g tall = http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2671045
Valentini89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02/20/2018, 08:24 AM   #30
mcgyvr
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocklobster1 View Post
URR now I have to return 3 of these... Over temp buzzer is not an alarm that you can set.. It is a buzzer if the temperature goes over 210 degrees. Thanks for that but my tank will be long dead at even 200 degrees...
Didn't see where you specified you wanted to set the alarm thresholds..

Since you should be using this to turn your heaters on/off overtemperature problems can only then come from a failure of a the temperature sensor or additional heat sources not controlled by the temperature controller..

For those that don't want to read the manual..
Quote:
6.1 Sensor Fault Alarm: when temperature sensor is in short circuit or open loop, the controller will initiate sensor fault mode, and cancel all the actions. The buzzer will alarm, LED displays ER. Buzzer alarm could be dismissed by pressing any key. After faults solved, the system will return to normal working mode.
6.2 Over-temperature Alarm: when measured temperature exceeds the measuring range (less than -50C /-58 F or higher than 99 C/210 F), the controller will initiate over-temperature alarm mode, and cancel all the actions. The buzzer will alarm, LED displays HL. Buzzer alarm could be dismissed by pressing any key. When temperature returns to measuring range, the system will return to normal working status.

Old 02/20/2018, 02:59 PM   #31
rocklobster1
Registered Member

Quote:
Didn't see where you specified you wanted to set the alarm thresholds..

Since you should be using this to turn your heaters on/off overtemperature problems can only then come from a failure of a the temperature sensor or additional heat sources not controlled by the temperature controller..

For those that don't want to read the manual..
And for those that didnt read the OPs post: "What I would like is a simple temperature controller that has an audible alarm if the temp goes out of range."

Old 02/20/2018, 03:02 PM   #32
rocklobster1
Registered Member

Quote:
You have no need to be concerned..
Nothing about stainless is toxic.. even if it was to rust..
Also Im pretty sure this statement is blatantly false.

Old 02/20/2018, 03:34 PM   #33
mcgyvr
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocklobster1 View Post
Also Im pretty sure this statement is blatantly false.
Its not..

Old 02/20/2018, 05:33 PM   #34
rocklobster1
Registered Member

Quote:
Its not..

And do you have any sort of control experiment to bring validity to this seemingly very confident statement? Or is this just anecdotal experience.. BECAUSE almost every element in stainless steel is certainly lethal to a reef tank if it were to leach out in any noticeable amounts. Not to mention there are many different grades of stainless some not very corrosion resistant at all.